Friday, January 22, 2010

The Drafty and Heated Resolution

My husband and I needed to have some extra insulation put in our home today due to a roof leak that destroyed an area of insulation. While the crew was up in the attic they discovered that there wasn't insulation above one whole room. For at least 5 years we've been wondering why our house is so cold and drafty in the winter and so hot in the summer. Hmmm, could this be the reason?! I'm happy to report that we now have insulation above that room and our heat hasn't kicked in once since it was put down. We even feel nice and toasty. As much as I can't stand the thought of knowing that our heating and air bills were so outrageous because of this ridiculous mistake, I'm thrilled to know we finally found the cause of our discomfort and won't spend the next 10 years complaining about shivering.
 
On that note, let's lighten it up a bit. It's Friday after all! I'll be showing this one to my kids tonight and think they will get a kick out of it. What about you?

Happy Friday and stay warm.

Minnesota Air Show - Watch more Funny Videos

No comments: